Office Space Reopening July 19 & International Student Advising Updates
We are pleased to announce that the Office of International Services will be open to visitors beginning Monday, July 19. We are thrilled to once again open our space to the UIC international community and offer in-person advising as an option for those that choose it. As we approach this transition with a commitment to service and safety for all in mind, we ask that you closely review the following changes to our services and advising practices:
- Front desk hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. During this time you may visit the front desk to collect or drop off a document without an appointment.
- All international student advising appointments must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance through iAdvise. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday, starting at 9:30 a.m. with the last appointment starting at 3:00 p.m. No advising appointments are available on Fridays. You may select a 15 or 30-minute appointment slot in either a virtual or in-person format. Please arrive on time for your appointment as you will not be able to exceed your appointment time slot. Log into iAdvise starting July 15 to view available appointment times and schedule your OIS advising appointments as needed.
- Walk-in advising cannot be accommodated at this time. You will not be able to visit the front desk to request a meeting with an advisor on the same day. Please schedule all advising appointments through iAdvise at least 24 hours in advance.
- Compliance with UIC COVID-19 safety measures is required of all on-campus visitors. Before visiting OIS in-person, please review the latest campus COVID-19 safety measures posted at today.uic.edu/coronavirus to ensure that you are adequately following protocols based on your vaccination status.
- Virtual services will continue throughout the fall semester. OIS will continue to provide online services in the form of myOIS e-form immigration requests, digital I-20 delivery, and virtual advising and programming. Virtual services will allow us to continue meeting the varied needs of our community in a safe and efficient manner. We encourage you to continue utilizing virtual services should that option suit you best. Starting July 19, all advising appointments, including virtual advising appointments, must be scheduled through iAdvise at least 24 hours in advance.
Modified on July 14, 2021