Get help Heading link
If you are experiencing an emergency on-campus
Connect with UIC Police by dialing 5-5555 from any campus phone or (312) 355-5555 from any non-campus phone. You can also call UIC Police by activating one of the 1,300 Startel emergency call boxes located around campus.
If you are experiencing an emergency off-campus
Connect with Chicago police, fire, or medical first responders by dialing 911.
If you need to connect with UIC Police for non-emergency assistance
Dial (312) 996-2830 or visit the UIC Police Department.
Get information Heading link
Visit emergency.uic.edu to learn more about emergency communications on campus and register your phone or email to receive notifications from UIC Alert.
OIS After Hours Emergency Contact Heading link
(312) 415-0334 – from within the U.S.
001-312-415-0334 – from abroad
The Office of International Services Emergency After Hours Contact is intended to support members of the UIC international community who experience international travel related emergencies outside our normal hours of operation of Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or in other instances when our office is closed and OIS staff cannot be reached.
Any member of the UIC international community who is experiencing one of the following situations may call the OIS Emergency After Hours Contact phone number:
- If you are denied boarding a flight bound to the U.S., or denied entry into the U.S., where all of your immigration documentation is valid and you are a current student, scholar, or dependent; or
- If you are detained at an airport or a U.S. Port of Entry (e.g. border-crossing, seaport, etc.).
Please note the exceptions to calling this number below:
- If you forgot or lost your immigration documents (e.g. DS-2019, I-20, EAD, Approval Notice, etc.) do not call the number. Instead, email your OIS advisor for assistance.
- If your visa application is delayed or denied, do not call the number. Instead, email your OIS advisor for assistance.
- If you are currently in Chicago, do not call the number. Instead, email your OIS advisor or come to OIS during business hours.
- If UIC does not sponsor your immigration status, do not call the number. Instead, contact your immigration sponsor for assistance. (e.g. Fulbright, F-1 OPT or J-1 AT through another institution, etc.).
- If you are in the U.S. and hurt or in danger, do not call this number. Instead, call 911. If you are over-seas call emergency services in that country.