Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Fulbright Students

The U.S. Department of State sponsors the Fulbright Program in collaboration with many foreign governments around the world. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE), and AMIDEAST. These agencies work to place, advise, and provide J-1 Exchange Visitor Student sponsorship to international students in the U.S.

During your time at UIC, the Office of International Services will work to support your success by welcoming you to campus, connecting you to resources, and providing cultural and educational programming. We are so glad you are here!

Questions related to your immigration status such as travel, work authorization, insurance, registration requirements, and tax filing must be directed to the Fulbright advisor at your sponsoring organization. OIS advisors do not have access to your SEVIS record, and therefore, cannot advise on your immigration status.

Connect with your sponsoring agency Heading link

FAQs Heading link

Here are some frequently asked questions from Fulbright students at UIC.